Cost centres and resource categorisations can be assigned to your Storage Accounts. These improve reporting and provide useful insights into your storage usage and spend.
Note: Categorisations for Vault v1 Storage Accounts are assigned at the Bucket level.
The categorisations that can be applied include:
- Cost Centres
- Resource Group
Follow these steps to assign resource categories.
1. Navigate to the Vault Overview Page.
2. For Vault v2 Storage Accounts, click the Tag icon next to the relevant Storage Account.
3. For Vault v1 Storage Accounts, select View Buckets > Resource Categorisations.
4. The Assign Categories window will display. Select the required categories and click Save.
Note: Multiple cost centres must total 100%. For example, the combined percentage must add up to 100%, eg. 60 + 40, or 50 + 50.
5. Once assigned, you can click the Tag icon to view the details or reassign.