Follow these steps to run an ad-hoc backup of an Exchange database:
1. From the the left-hand menu, select Protect > Applications > Exchange.
2. The Exchange database list will appear. Locate the database you want to backup and click Actions > Back up.
3. From the Backup options screen, select the level of backup to be performed then click OK. It is recommended that an Incremental backup is performed.
4. A notification confirming the backup of the job will appear.
5. To view a backup job's progress, either:
- Click View Job details in the pop-up notification (see screenshot above), or
- Select Jobs from the sidebar to view Active Jobs. From this screen you can choose to either Kill (permanently stop) or Suspend (temporarily stop) the backup job.
6. By default, the Active Jobs screen shows Running Jobs. If the job completes before you get to this screen, select the Job History tab at the top of the screen.
7. The Job History screen will display all the jobs completed in the last 24 hours by default. To change the time range, select the View menu and select a time range.