Before subscribing you must have the following prerequisites in place. These vary, depending on whether you are an ICDR or DRaaS customer:
In-Cloud Data Recovery (ICDR)
Subscription to vCloud PAYG
You must be subscribed to vCloud PAYG. See Subscribe to vCloud PAYG
|Global Admin role||You must hold a Global Admin role in CloudCreator. See Roles and Permissions|
Data Recovery as a Service (DRaas)
|All of the above plus:|
The connectivity between sites must have the bandwidth capacity to:
VMware VM hardware must be compatible with the destination site, ie. vCD9.0 will build a VM with v13 hardware by default. This will not work on a vSphere 5.5 environment.
Refer to the VMware compatibility matrix: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2007240.
Follow these steps to subscribe to the Silver-lining DR for PAYG service:
1. Login to CloudCreator. See Log In to CloudCreator if you need help.
2. Click the Virtual Clouds icon in the sidebar.
4. From the Summary screen for your virtual cloud, select the Options Cog > Manage Subscriptions.
5. In the Manage Subscriptions screen, click the slider for the Silver-lining DR for vCloud PAYG to subscribe to the service.
5. The Terms and Conditions screen will appear. Click Subscribe to confirm.
6. A notification will appear in the Recent Events panel on the CloudCreator dashboard.
7. A Service Ticket will be initiated to configure the environment to support the service. These changes can take up to 3 working days. You will be notified via email when this is completed.
8. Once you have received notification that your environment has been configured, you must:
- Verify that the subscription to the Silver-lining DR for vCloud PAYG service is enabled in CloudCreator. See Manage Subscriptions, and
- Assign the role of Silver-lining DR for vCloud PAYG Administrator in CloudCreator. See Manage Users and Assign Roles.