Follow the steps below to configure the number and timing of snapshots.
More information: See the Panzura Documentation - Snapshot Settings.
1. From the Panzura Management Console, select Configuration
2. From the side menu, select Snapshot Settings > Filer Snapshot Settings. Then click the Enable Scheduled Snapshots slider if it is not already enabled.
3. Update the fields on this screen to:
- Select the number of snapshots you want to keep.
- Disable or enable snapshot frequency.
- Select the timing of snapshots.
4. Click Save to confirm.
Use the Snapshot Manager to manually create and delete snapshots.
1. From the Panzura Management Console, select Configuration.
2. From the side menu, select Snapshot Settings > Snapshot Manager.
3. To create a snapshot, click Create Snapshot.
4. To delete a snapshot, select it and click Delete.
Snapshots can be restored with the Windows 'Previous Versions' feature.
Follow the steps below to restore a snapshot:
1. In Windows Explorer, right-click the Share Name and select Properties > Previous Versions. Once you have several snapshots, they will appear in this window.
Note: If any changes were made to files and folders, they will be contained in the snapshot window that they were changed in.
2. Select the snapshot and click Restore.